Skip to main content

3 key EU Countries Say No To US-Israeli Naval Collaboration

France, Spain, and Italy have formally withdrawn from a Red Sea maritime task force led by the United States and entrusted with safeguarding Israeli-owned and Israel-bound commerce ships in transit.

 The three states have made it clear that they are not going to collaborate with the US and will instead work under the auspices of global organizations such as the UN, NATO, or the EU.

 It simply stated that French leadership of its ships would remain; it made no mention of sending extra naval forces. 

In a statement, the French Defense Ministry said that it backed efforts to ensure freedom of navigation in the Red Sea and surrounding area, adding that it already operated in the region

 The Italian Defense Ministry also said that, in response to certain demands from Italian ship owners, it will deploy the naval frigate Virginio Fasan to the Red Sea to defend its interests as a nation.

 It asserted that this was a part of its ongoing operations and not a part of the naval alliance in the waterway commanded by the US.

 Furthermore, Spain's Defense Ministry said that it will only take part in actions organized by the EU or missions headed by NATO.

 More than 20 nations have currently committed to participating in the US-led Operation Success Guardian, a marine operation in the Red Ocean, according to a Pentagon statement on Thursday.

 According to Pentagon commander Lloyd Austin, the alliance, which includes Bahrain, Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, the Seychelles, Spain, and the United Kingdom, formed on Tuesday.

 Later that day, Austin said that Greece and Australia had joined the organization, bringing the total to 20, but that at least eight countries had declined to be officially identified.





 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 Dead After Vehicles Came Under Terrorists Attack In Afghanistan

Afghanistan, (Daily Post). Insurgents attacked two vans in the northern Afghan city of Mazar-e-Sharif on Thursday, killing at least nine people. "The bombs were installed inside the vans; as a result of those blasts, nine people were killed and 13 were injured," Mohammad Asif Waziri, the commander of Mazar-e-Sharif, said.  The local Shi'ite community operated and used the public transportation vans, he added.  The Shiite Muslim Hazara community, a minority Muslim sect in Afghanistan, is often attacked by armed groups, including the Islamic State.  The Taliban, who seized power following NATO's withdrawal, claimed earlier this week that they had eliminated the majority of the Islamic State's presence in Afghanistan.  Despite the Taliban claims, attacks on Shia Muslims continue in many parts of the country.

Israel Wants Indefinite Military Presence in Syria, Gaza & Lebanon

"The Israeli military isn't relocating people from cleared areas as it used to," Israel Katz said on Wednesday. The Israeli defense minister, Israel Katz, has announced his intention to maintain its  armed forces' presence   in Syria,  Lebanon, and  the Gaza Strip. The Israeli government contends that these forces will remain in these regions indefinitely due to strategic imperatives and security concerns.  This decision underlines Israel's commitment to safeguarding its borders and ensuring stability in these areas, Israel said.  Meanwhile, the Gaza Government Media Office reported that since the event on October 7, 2023, Israel has caused the deaths of over 61,700 Palestinians, including 17,881 children, 214 newborns, and 36,500 students who have been killed and injured by the IDF.  Under the pretext of the October 7, 2023, event, which involved Israeli civilian casualties, substantial portions of the border regions of Lebanon, Syria, and Gaza h...

184 Killed In Haiti Over Practicing Black Magic

Port-au-Prince, Haiti — A human rights group claims that gang members in Port-au-Prince, the capital of Haiti, killed at least 184 people, the majority of victims were elderly. A local gang leader reportedly targeted them because his kid became unwell and eventually passed away, according to the National Human Rights Defence Network (RNDDH). Reports further added that the gang leader sought counsel from a traditional priest, who attributed the boy's mysterious ailment to a "magical activity" by elderly neighbors. The United Nations reports that gang violence in Haiti has escalated to the point that "a staggering 5,000" people have been killed this year.  However, local reports suggest that around 7,000 people have been murdered in gang violence throughout the year.  Hundred Killed For Practicing Black Magic