Skip to main content

Netanyahu Sacks War Minister Gallant

MIDDLE EAST NEWS  — (DP) — On Tuesday evening, Israeli mainstream media reported that Benjamin Netanyahu sacked War Minister Yoav Gallant.

Netanyahu said that "trust between me and the minister of defense shattered" because of remarks those were taped Tuesday night. 

The Israeli publication cited Netanyahu as saying Israel Katz, the foreign minister, will replace Gallant. 

Katz was in the administration during the conflict, but none of them had significant military experience, according to the Times of Israel.

Yesterday evening, Netanyahu said that his differences with Gallant "remained growing" and "appeared in public's notice in an unacceptable fashion" despite his many attempts to bridge the differences. 

Regardless of being a part of the prime minister's government, Gallant criticized Netanyahu in public for his handling of the Gaza War and his failure to reach a hostage solution.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 Dead After Vehicles Came Under Terrorists Attack In Afghanistan

Afghanistan, (Daily Post). Insurgents attacked two vans in the northern Afghan city of Mazar-e-Sharif on Thursday, killing at least nine people. "The bombs were installed inside the vans; as a result of those blasts, nine people were killed and 13 were injured," Mohammad Asif Waziri, the commander of Mazar-e-Sharif, said.  The local Shi'ite community operated and used the public transportation vans, he added.  The Shiite Muslim Hazara community, a minority Muslim sect in Afghanistan, is often attacked by armed groups, including the Islamic State.  The Taliban, who seized power following NATO's withdrawal, claimed earlier this week that they had eliminated the majority of the Islamic State's presence in Afghanistan.  Despite the Taliban claims, attacks on Shia Muslims continue in many parts of the country.

Three Dozen passengers Killed In India's Rocky Region

NEW DELHI, India —  (DP) crowded bus carrying passengers plunged into a deep ravine, killing at least 36 people and injuring many others, a government source informed media on  Monday.  The horrible incident occurred in Uttarakhand, a mountainous Indian state.  According to state media officials, at least 60 passengers were onboard, the bus headed for Ramnagar from the Garhwal division in the northern state of India. As per witnesses, the terrible incident happened when a poorly maintained, speeding bus lost control and plunged into a ravine. The death toll is predicted to climb since the health of a few survivors is critical, officials added.  State officials report that the state administration has launched an inquiry into the accident to determine the reason behind the tragedy.  Deceased and injured were transported to the local government hospitals for postmortem and ministration, one of the rescue members said.

Dozens Killed In Pakistan After A Bus Plunged Into River

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan— (Daily Post)- On Tuesday afternoon at 1:00 PM, a passenger coaster carrying wedding party guests from Parishing, Astore, to Chakwal went off the bridge and plummeted into the river near Thalichi.  The groom and his mother are among the 26 persons who died as a result of the catastrophe.  According to authorities, just 14 victims' corpses were retrieved and brought to the Headquarters (DHQ) Hospital. Rescue efforts are still ongoing, and the only survivor, the wounded bride was taken to the hospital for treatment.   The coaster hosted 27 people, and only the bride survived rest of the others drowned in deep water.  The Pakistani town of Thalichi is situated in the Diamer district of Gilgit-Baltistan.  President Mr: Asif Ali Zardari conveyed his sympathies and sadness to the victims' families.